Thread Lifts and Collagen Induction
- PDO threads are made from Polydioxanone, lasts 9-24 months.
- Aptos threads are made from P(LA/CL) with or without HA. Lasting 24 months and longer.
- Gold threads; PDO threads coated with 24-carat gold for rejuvenating effects.
The benefits of THREAD LIFT
This non-surgical alternative is growing in popularity. Specialized threads are inserted and attached into the deeper tissues of the skin and, when positioned properly, create a firming and tightening effect. An very sought-after benefit of threads is the formation of collagen. Compared to surgical face lifting, thread lifting involves far less trauma. There are no visible scars. No skin is cut away.
The procedure is quick (20 to 40 minutes depending on how many threads you are having inserted) and has a very low risk of infection. The initial results are seen immediately, and results continue to improve, as the collagen and elastin form and mature. Thread lifting can last anywhere from 18 to 24 months, but some people report effects for even longer.
How does it feel?
A local anaesthetic is first gently injected to make sure you don’t feel any pain during the procedure. Following that, you’ll feel a light tugging on the skin. After the procedure, you may have some mild bruising and swelling for two to three days which ice packs will take care of.
The goal is not only lifting of sagging skin but also a regenerative process that leads to the production of a patient’s own collagen, which rejuvenates the skin. The threads generally have a skin-supporting, tightening and brightening function.
- Autoimmune diseases
- Blood disorder (Hemophilia), Anticoagulant intake
- Ischemic heart disease, second, third-degree arterial hypertension
- Inflammatory processes, tumour mass in the expected intervention area
- Susceptibility to keloid and hypertrophic scar formation
- Aggravation of any chronic diseases
- Pregnancy, lactation period
- Earlier implanted non-absorbable threads in the area of correction
- Idiosyncrasy to materials used for correction
- Apply SPF30 + and avoid direct sunlight & tanning machines in order to prevent post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH).
- Gently wash the treated areas on the same day but do not rub or massage the face for 2 weeks.
- Do not open mouth too wide for 3-4 weeks (avoid dental treatment for 2 weeks if possible)
- It is recommended that you sleep on your back to prevent any swelling. Avoid straining or placing pressure on your face as it may result in threads misalignment.
- Astingingor“pulling”painordiscomfortisnormal.Takeparacetamol1grevery6hours as directed.
- Avoid alcohol and anti-coagulant medicines (aspirin, unless prescribed for medical indications) for 7 days.
- Avoid blood ‘thinning’ vitamins C, A & E for 7 days.
- Avoid temperature extremes such as sauna or very cold climate for 10 days.
- Avoid physical exercise for 7 days post procedure.
- Patient must finish course of antibiotics if prescribed as part of the treatment protocol.
- Stinging or “Pulling” pain discomfort is normal, this will subside over a 2-week period.
- Scratchy sensation is normal; this will subside over a 2-week period.
- Stinging, “Pulling”, scratchy sensations will all disappear by week 5.
- Possible complications may include Infection, swelling, bruising, foreign body reaction in epidermis (granuloma) and protrusion. Extremely rare, temporary facial nerve fall out may occur due to local anesthetic, swelling, hematoma or pressure of the cannula or thread on the nerve. Please contact us for further advice if persistant pain is experienced.
- Combination with other procedures from 7 days onwards: PRP, MicroPen, fillers
- Follow-up photography at 1-month post treatment. Note:treatment of untreated areas may be initiated at anytime.
Freguently Asked Questions
When is it okay to take a shower post-treatment?
It is recommended to avoid touching, wetting and washing your face for a minimum of 12 hours after the treatment. Even after that, it is best not to scrub or massage the treated area for around three weeks post-treatment.
How long should I wait to resume my daily skincare routine?
Gentle skincare practises, like usual washing, drying and lotioning, can be resumed after 48 hours of the procedure. However, you must avoid exfoliation, tugging, and scrubbing for three weeks. It is best to consult your practitioner if you want to apply any topical medications or strength creams.
Can I apply makeup?
You can apply makeup after 48 hours.
How long should I wait to restart my workouts?
Light exercises can be resumed after a week but don’t perform any exercises that may strain the treated area. You should consult your practitioner before you resume weight lifting or other heavy exercises. Yoga or other meditation exercises that requires bowing your head below the heart must be avoided for at least a week.
Can I go swimming after the treatment?
You must avoid wetting the affected area for at least 12 hours after the treatment. In the case of swimming, it is best to allow the suture area to heal completely. The same goes for saunas and hot tubs. Consult your practitioner for better guidance.
Getting the most out of your thread lift
Once your skin has healed around the threads inserted for lifting, we recommend pairing your thread lift with a treatment like HIFU, laser resurfacing techniques, radiofrequency microneedling.
HIFU uses gentle pulses of ultrasound energy to heat the connective tissues beneath the skin, thereby stimulating collagen production. By combining this procedure with a thread lift, you can maximize the overall amount of skin firming you receive and create more even lifting by treating the neck as well as the face.
While thread lifts can tighten the skin effectively, they aren’t designed to address blemishes on the skin’s surface. As such, banishing the superficial signs of aging—like age spots, areas of uneven pigmentation and fine lines—will require a technique known as laser “skin resurfacing.” During laser skin resurfacing, the top layer of the dermis is removed, stripping away the aforementioned blemishes. A new, more youthful-looking layer of skin then grows in its place.
Radiofrequency based microneedling is a powerful tool for facial texture improvement, collagen stimulation and help address any thread lift irregularities you may face experienced, especially around thread ‘exit’ areas.
By combining a number of different nonsurgical anti-aging treatments, patients can achieve a profoundly positive change in their appearance – without enduring the extended recovery time associated with surgery.
At a Glance
On Set Results
Potential Side Effects
As mentioned above
Need of Anaesthetic
Starts from £250